Friday, June 7, 2013

Why write....?

So, why this blog?


On May 26, 2013 my father died after a long battle with brain cancer. He was 56, young...too young, I reasonably expected to get another 25-30 years of time with my father, but I didn't. And after he died, I felt like a mountain had been dropped on my head, and the rest of the world was walking around, smiling, happy hungry, running, watching, eating like nothing had happened... like life was just going on normally without realizing that a mountain had just been dropped on my head.

So after a week of feeling horrible, I decided that since I'm a writer, maybe if I write about how I'm feeling, this blog can become a release valve, and ease some of the pressure I've been feeling. I feel like a 50 pound weight with spikes, has been sitting on my chest... and I'm hoping this act of writing, this blog, will not numb the pain, but help me deal with it and recognize it and through the writing and recognizing I can find my way back home.

Why Chasing Tenzing Norgay as a name...? Well Tenzing was the first man to reach Mt. Everest, and he spent the rest of his life helping people conquer that beast of a mountain. If I could chase Tenzing, maybe I could get out from under this mountain that landed on me....

and start to climb.....

No comments:

Post a Comment